The State Bank of India is a leading Public Sector Bank in the country and a desirable job option for lakhs of aspirants. The banking sector offers many opportunities for candidates to enter the organization at the post of an Officer or Junior Associate (Clerk) and getting a job in SBI is a dream for many.
It must be now that though the difficulty level of the paper is moderately high, the possibilities of cracking the exam are low since the vacancies released are a handful in comparison to the number of applicants.
Among the various posts for which SBI conducts examinations, the Probationary Officer is one post that attracts the maximum number of applicants. For those who shall be appearing for the Bank Probationary Officer exam for the first time in 2021, they can refer to the SBI PO Previous Year Paper for reference.
Discussed further below are a few points which one must follow and also the ones which may not be considered during the bank PO preparation. These do’s and don’ts will help candidates prepare better for the exam.
SBI PO Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Before moving ahead with the strategy and tips to prepare, candidates must carefully analyse the exam pattern and syllabus for the upcoming recruitment to accordingly start their preparation:
|Preliminary Exam||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Mains Examination||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|General & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English (Descriptive Test)||2||50||30 minutes|
Do’s – Bank PO Preparation
There are certain things which will definitely work in the favour of candidates preparing for the bank exams. Discussed below are the same:
- Understanding the syllabus and exam pattern is a must. Only then can a candidate prepare a time table and strategise a study plan
- The availability of sufficient study material is also extremely important. There are various online sources through which candidates can get study material and there are books that are easily available which cover the entire syllabus with practise questions and exercises
- For a better understanding of topics, to cover the syllabus on time and to get assistance over the complex sections, one must enrol themselves in an online or offline course or coaching centre, if needed
- In case one prefers to study at home all by themselves, they can take assistance from video lectures which are almost equivalent to attending classes
- Although there is no sectional cut off in the SBI PO exam, one must try to cover up the syllabus for all the subjects well as this can increase the overall scores of the candidates in the online exam
- Focus completely on revision during the last one month before the examination. Try to memorise the formulas, tricks, solve mock tests and practise previous year papers as it will help you gain confidence
Don’ts – Bank PO Preparation
- Do not apprehend the syllabus to be short and simple. Without a proper time table and set strategy, covering up all the topics before the exam may become a bot complex
- Try not to skip any important topic as almost every year the conducting body frames questions in a different manner to confuse the candidates
- Anticipating the result even before the exam is conducting may be a cause of stress and anxiety, and must be avoided
- Do not misplace your documents. All the documents which may be required must be available with the candidates so that if they are asked at any point during the recruitment process, they are always available
- Go through the instructions mentioned in the admit card carefully before you reach the exam centre and do not carry anything which is not allowed and may get you into trouble
- Try not to start with any new topic a few days before the exam as it may lead to confusion
Overall, one must stay calm, follow the instructions and not worry much about the result. It is the hard work that always pays off. However, it is advised that solving SBI PO Mock Tests can be of great help to the candidates and help them score more in the online examination.